Tuesday, September 9, 2014

make your journal your happy place

I love writing. I find that if I don't write any of my ideas down, I won't remember them. I constantly have writing/drawing materials with me. I can jot things down so I don't forget, or I can keep myself busy while waiting, like at the doctors office or the car wash. I like my journals to be my happy place, a place I have all to myself.  

Throughout the years I have made it habit to customize my journals with hand painted covers and/or loud crazy prints to mirror my personality. 


I purchased these plain black college ruled journals on sale at Barnes and Noble. I made them my own using white Sharpie oil based paint pens.


 A glimpse at my collection. 


 Petey was feeling inspired too! 


Writing/drawing can be an escape from the outside world for just a moment. I like to have a place where I can go when I'm overwhelmed or lost in my thoughts. And I can look back on my entries and reflect or simply reminisce about my past experiences. 

I hope you have a wonderful week love cats! 
XOXO, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment