Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Mormon Rocks at Los Angeles National Forest

Greetings Friends!

As I have been taking a photography class this quarter in college, I have had the opportunity to learn so much and work with so many amazing people. This weekend some school mates and myself explored the sandy desert in seek of the perfect shoot. The location was amazing, the model's talented, and the company wasn't bad either.

Being a college students, I've found ways to keep my creative brain going even when my classes aren't exactly creative. During finals week in particular, I find that making time for creative projects is important to keep my academic brain balanced.

We hopped in the car, early in the AM on Sunday, and headed north up the 15 freeway to San Bernardino to the Mormon Rocks of the Los Angeles National Forest. These giant sculpted rocks are smooth and carved. They have large holes where the desert animals can find shade, and it makes for an incredible backdrop. Right off the trail were two sets of train tracks where waited for the perfect shot. Of course right as the train chugged on by, I had wrong lens on my camera and didn't catch a single shot. (Darn). It was a perfect California summer day and it made for a good Sunday.



I'm in love with how these turned out. Thanks Marissa for being such a beautiful model.
<3 nbsp="" p="">
<3 nbsp="" p="">Then I went home and studied a bunch, but of course I had to take a break in the middle and do a little water color.
<3 nbsp="" p="">



<3 nbsp="" p="">
<3 nbsp="" p="">



<3 nbsp="" p="">

Xo, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment