Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Double Disney Weekends (Part 1)

Long time, no talk! I feel like its been ages since I've posted anything (and let's be honest, it has been). The last two weeks have been a whirlwind. My senior year of undergrad is coming to an end, and everyday I've been getting a gut wrenching panic about my future (insert wide eyed emoji here). With the stresses of chemistry and figuring out what I want to do with the rest of my life, I needed a few days to just enjoy life. I mean, that's my whole brand right? I keep reminding myself that there is a bigger picture and that this one class, and this one test does not define my whole future. I've been constantly having to stop myself and remember my ultimate goal in life is to BE HAPPY. 

That's why these two weeks have been so great. I got to spend some time at my favorite place, with some of my favorite people, for no other reason than because it's FUN! 

The weekend started on Saturday, April 31st, 2016. My Annual Pass was blocked out, but my cousin was celebrating his 18th birthday, so we got a little dressed up and had a fancy sandwich lunch in the picnic area. My family and I went to the Dapper Day Expo and I purchased a couple dresses and belts from Viva Dulce Marina and Retrolicious (love love love). Also, shout out to the very adorable TeamSparkle for being so sweet and nice and giving me a fan button! 


Haunted Mansion fascinator custom made, by yours truly. 



 

Sunday, was the big day, DAPPER DAY. I had been looking forward to this day for so long! I love fashion, I love Disney, and putting those two worlds together is magical (yes, pun intended). 

As millennial do, I spend lots of time on the internet perusing for new Disney content; ride updates, movie previews, days at the park vlogs, etc. On Dapper Day during the DisneyBound meet-up, I had the pleasure of meeting so many content creators that constantly inspire me. 



I sometimes run into people that I follow on the internet and am often a little shy to approach them. A friend of mine whom I was with, helped me to be brave and just say hello. :/


First, I ran into SoundProofLiz and JamesChats, both of which I am a new subscriber. They were bounding as Hercules and Meg, along with BrizzyVoices (whom I didn't not get to see :() as a dapper Pegasus. I loved their videos. They were so sweet and adorable together. 


Next, I found Leslie Kay, the mother of DisneyBounding and the creator of Disneybound Blog. I had met her once before at my first Disneyland Half Marathon, and she actually remembered who I was!  She is the sweetest specimen. We geeked out over our outfits and shoe choice and snapped a good photo. 




As I was swimming through the crowds I spotted the 4 creators of Thingamavlogs. They were surrounded by people, and being the introvert that I am, felt immediate panic. My friend told me that I had meet them because I am such a big fan and that I would regret it if I didn't say hi (he was so right). All of them were fabulous. 




Near the end of the night as our feet were swollen and our makeup was smudged, I spotted Traci Hines, a Disney superstar, and I ran all the way across the hub to give her a giant hug. We chatted for a few moments and my evening was made. 


Even with some mishaps, the day was overall a hit! Thanks to my lovely friends for sharing it with me! and I loved meeting new friends too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment